They closed parts of the Hawaii National Volcano Park yesterday due to earthquakes! I believe they said they had about 250 yesterday. Although mostly small ones, it was an indication of the possibility of an eruption in a new area. They closed the Chain of Craters road that we had driven down, which is in the direction of new lava flow and evacuated campers. I'm glad we're not there now, although I'm sure many are excited about it! Today they were 'only' ten per hour (slowing down from the sometimes 1 per minute yesterday) and they reopened part of it but not all. What a different part of the world that is!
I have company arriving tomorrow! Diane who I've known forever and her sweet hubby Richard! Yeah!!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! I can't imagine. But how thrilling for seismologist (? did I get that occupation right??)
Have fun with the company!
Post a Comment