Other news, but no picture, is the shark attack on Thursday at Bellows Beach, which is the military owned beach we go to all the time. It is the first shark attack on that side of the island in 49 years! The man is 36 years old, visiting from I don't remember where and is going to be okay. But a man in his 50's, visiting from Victoria, Texas saved him! (he didn't know it was a shark, just could tell the guy was in trouble, but he said he'd have dealt with that too if he needed to). I was a little concerned because Jon always swims out there, but then read the man was 150 yards out, way, way further than Jon ever goes.
We moved to Hawaii in June 2006. I created a blog so friends and family could see what we were doing. Army moved us to Georgia and now, we're back in Hawaii, less than 2 years later. Maybe I'll be better about updating my blog!
my friends' blogs
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Rainbows, Tai Chi and Sharks!
There is a song here called "Where I Live, There are Rainbows" - I have counted 8 rainbows this morning, amazing! Can you see the end of the rainbow here? I thought about taking Sam out to look for the pot of gold, but we decided against it. We've had a lot of rain (though not as much as in Texas), due to a small hurricane. We needed rain, so that's fine and besides that means more rainbows!
I had to take a picture of this. Last week at our private lesson, I told Master Dong I was having a hard time remembering the sequence, especially since we add something new every week. He said he had something to help me. Well, this is a picture from the book we bought. I think you can tell that all the instructions are in Chinese! And his wife told me that you have to read it from right to left. . . . . also included is a book written in English that corresponds to this book (there are numbers by each diagram), but that book is of course written left to right. . . . . so with the 2 books to consult and trying to make my body follow in the right direction, I'm not sure if this is helping me or confusing me!! I think it will help in time. Too funny! (and I'm sure you are all laughing at imagining me doing this anyway!!)

Other news, but no picture, is the shark attack on Thursday at Bellows Beach, which is the military owned beach we go to all the time. It is the first shark attack on that side of the island in 49 years! The man is 36 years old, visiting from I don't remember where and is going to be okay. But a man in his 50's, visiting from Victoria, Texas saved him! (he didn't know it was a shark, just could tell the guy was in trouble, but he said he'd have dealt with that too if he needed to). I was a little concerned because Jon always swims out there, but then read the man was 150 yards out, way, way further than Jon ever goes.
Other news, but no picture, is the shark attack on Thursday at Bellows Beach, which is the military owned beach we go to all the time. It is the first shark attack on that side of the island in 49 years! The man is 36 years old, visiting from I don't remember where and is going to be okay. But a man in his 50's, visiting from Victoria, Texas saved him! (he didn't know it was a shark, just could tell the guy was in trouble, but he said he'd have dealt with that too if he needed to). I was a little concerned because Jon always swims out there, but then read the man was 150 yards out, way, way further than Jon ever goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gorgeous rainbow! At least the rain makes the Texas summer cooler - it is really nice out today.
Yesterday we went to a Taekwondo birthday party (I know Taekwondo and Tai Chi aren't the same but the discipline aspect seems similar) - it was a REALLY fun birthday party.
Interesting about the sharks. And a little scary too.
Post a Comment