
We moved to Hawaii in June 2006. I created a blog so friends and family could see what we were doing. Army moved us to Georgia and now, we're back in Hawaii, less than 2 years later. Maybe I'll be better about updating my blog!
my friends' blogs
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Orchids
Well, it's fall and Thanksgiving is next week, and it just doesn't feel like it! It is still pretty hot and I'm ready for it to cool down a little more. We're having friends over for dinner on Thanksgiving Day and now I'm a little worried about just how hot it's going to be inside. But, Jon's smoking the turkey on the Green Egg, so the turkey won't be heating up our house! No pictures of fall leaves, so pulled up our latest blooming orchid. Jon has lots on our front deck and this one finally bloomed for us!
And here is a very special orchid that we bought because it's called the Cindy Orchid! I know it wasn't exactly named after me, but it does have my name! :)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those are so beautiful! We had an orchid once and immediately killed it so I am very impressed with your orchid growing skills.
Cooking a turkey on the green egg. Sounds interesting - have you done it before? I'm glad you are celebrating with some friends. We miss you here in Tx.
It's just your location. Anyone can grow orchids in Hawaii, the air and temperature is perfect for them.
Never done the turkey on the green egg, will let you know!
Post a Comment