We moved to Hawaii in June 2006. I created a blog so friends and family could see what we were doing. Army moved us to Georgia and now, we're back in Hawaii, less than 2 years later. Maybe I'll be better about updating my blog!
my friends' blogs
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Winter Storm
Tuesday night a winter storm blew through - 70 mph winds, power outages, utility lines down, trees down, schools canceled, parts of the island cut off. What fun, I'm grateful we didn't have any company! The day before the storm hit Maui, there were 2 surfers out together, who were hit by an 80 foot wave! One suffered a severe gash in his leg and the other guy took off his bathingsuit to make a tourniquet for him! Sunday we went to the beach and Santa Claus was there! I was walking along and there he was, taking off his clothes, stripping down to his bathingsuit, to get in the water. That's a sight I'd never seen, wish I'd had a camera!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you are ok! Did it scare the puppy?
No, he was fine. Only fireworks bother him and New Year's is traumatic for him here!
Post a Comment