Thursday, July 31, 2008

Maui - First Day

We left Honolulu Harbor at 6 am this morning. Here is Jon on the Superferry! It was a literal 3-hour tour. Departure time was 6:30 am and we were supposed to be there 90 minutes early. Of course we were running late, but got there about an hour early. Then at 6 am, the ferry started up. I was a little surprised they were leaving before departure time. So we asked and the lady said, well if everyone's here, we leave at 6. You know, it's just different from air travel! And how nice to pack up the car with food and cooler and anything we needed. Our first stop was our favorite Mexican food place in Hawaii. We found out yesterday that the owner is from Fort Worth, so he brought good Tex-Mex to Maui. I'm sure we'll eat there again on this trip!
Sunrise and Diamond Head ~
Maui ~
I guess I planned this photo-op when I wore this top today. This is at the lavendar farm, although these are hydrangeas. They had some beautiful plants and flowers there.

Here's the lavendar ~
We got the cutest cottage in Kula, which is upcountry, inland and about 3000 elevation. Our cottage has a fabulous view looking down over what I call the neck part of Maui, with water on both sides and the mountains in the back. Very restful, just what we both needed. The cottage is so cute, Jon said he'd like to just live here! Going to try and take it easy this trip and spend some time doing nothing here.
Sunset from our lanai ~

1 comment:

Angela O. said...

oh that looks soooo relaxing and lovely.