Cindy, you're not in Hawaii anymore! Sunday we went to a civil war battle re-enactment, the Battle of Aiken, in South Carolina. I'm not much of a historian, but Jon is, but he'd never been to anything like this. They were all dressed up in period clothing and fought the battle as we watched. There were cannons, guns, swords, horses, an ambulance, they had it all. Actually, I thought it was pretty emotional. They also had tents in another area, selling clothing, tools, and of course, food. The kettle corn was wonderful, as was the birch beer, something we'd never heard of. No, was not beer, but tasted like cream soda. By the way, the Battle of Aiken was fought near the end of the war and the Confederates won.
2 comments:
How long did the show last? I love cream soda and kettle korn. Yummy!!!
The battle lasted about 30-40 minutes.
Post a Comment